What We Do
Strategies and activities of Hope and Beyond
- Treatment and rehabilitation of people affected by substance abuse. This takes the form of detoxification and psychosocial interventions.
- Detoxification: Hope and Beyond has a well designed clinical program to facilitate safe elimination of the harmful substance that alcohol and drugs leave in the body.
- Psycho Social interventions are a combination of Personal, Group, Home and workplace based counselling. A key component of treatment is the Alcoholics Anonymous founded 12 steps program Treatment and rehabilitation is both Inpatient and Outpatients based and is followed up with After-care program. Treatment duration varies with the treatment needs of the client but is given in 30 days, 60 and 90 days for alcohol dependency. The general aim of Hope and Beyond is abstinence and improved quality of life for the clients
- Advocacy:Hope and Beyond works with institutions and groups to advocate for and promote good policies to mitigate the impact of substance abuse. The Executive Director of Hope and Beyond is a publicity Secretary of East African Alcohol Policy Alliance, the Vice Chair to Uganda Alcohol Policy Alliance and a member of various local and international advocacy activities.
- Capacity building for individual, communities and institutions helping people affected by the substance abuse.
- Research and information dissemination: Hope and Beyond is a regular presenter at the local and international gathering which is part of her platform to disseminate her research . Ongoing is a research entitled ‘Toward effective culturally adapted treatment program for Alcohol Abuse in Uganda’ being supervised jointly by Makerere University, Uganda and Ghent University, Belgium. The principal investigator is Kalema David
- Networking and partnership development:To further her work Hope and Beyond collaborates with key Governmental and Non Governmental Initiatives for example
- Education and awareness creation: Communities are sensitized on the disease nature of Substance Abuse (SA). This is intended to promote awareness and motivate the suffering addicts to seek treatment.
- 18 Nov 2016Hope and Beyond to cerebrate 5th anniversary in 2017Watch out for details....
- 23 Jun 2015Alcohol misuse, policy and treatment responses in Sub-Saharan Africa: The case of UgandaAlcohol has become an important feature in the liv...
- 09 Jun 2014Welcome to Our WebsiteWelcome to Hope and Beyond’s Blog !. We are an or...