The philosophy of HOPE AND BEYOND is a non-permissive approach to the treatment of alcoholism and other substance addiction. The programme is geared to assisting the persons with addiction to use self-discipline in all their current and future behaviour . Structured living is a strong support of this goal. Understanding and acceptance of of addiction is a fundamental concept taught in educational sessions. Good nutrition supports good physical health. Standard treatment duration is 90 days for People with Alcohol Use Disorder and 180 days for those with other Substance Use Disorders
- Attendance: Attendance is required at all scheduled activities.
- Fitness Program: Walking/ Swimming/Yoga/exercises
- Fraternization: Fraternization both verbal and non-verbal between sexes is prohibited. All emotional energy needs to be concentrated on recovery.
- Reading: Extra reading is not advised. Assignments take up free time.
- Visiting: After 2 weeks of residence family members may visit on Sunday (2-5 PM). Two of the registered visitors may visit at one time. Visitors must attend the education sessions which are presented on demarcated days and are asked not to bring any kind of supplies not approved. All visitor must sign in.
Requirements for the Residential
The season of the year should assist in determining the type of clothing you will bring.
WHAT TO PACK
You will need at least a week’s supply of casual attire; blouses, jeans, skirts, shirts, stocking, underwear. Clients are also encouraged to carry a Blanket, Bed sheets, a basin, towel, sandals and other personal effects ( e.g. soap…).
MEN MAY NOT WEAR: Earrings, cologne with alcohol content and nose or body rings.
WOMEN: Permissible attire for females (see above) is dresses and long skirts below the knee, sneakers and closed shoes, boots with low heels and below the knee, lipstick, sleepwear, including robe and slippers. All women must wear bras and a slip if wearing a dress.
WOMEN SHOULD NOT WEAR: Perfume with alcohol content, eye makeup, shorts above the knee, nose/eyebrow rings, tight clothes, low cut shorts or cropped shirts, spandex, leggings, stretch pants, bikinis, miniskirts.
Others: sweaters and/or jackets, suitable outer wear, including raincoat, boots and umbrella, Toiletries, cosmetics, shaving gear and sundries, Non-alcoholic-solid creams best, all personal items such as hair brush, tooth brush, cosmetics, soap container, clothes, detergent, bed sheets, toothpaste/brush, mosquito net, blanket and a towel.
- POCKET MONEY: Each patient needs about 50,000/= for personal needs that are incurred while in treatment, i.e. phones calls, laundry, candy, newspapers, etc.
- Medical Forms: Clients must bring Medical forms about their previous visits at health facilities and prescription cards.
DO NOT BRING TO TREATMENT: Cars, cameras, food, gum, alcohol cologne, mouthwash or aftershave, scissors, beepers and cell phones. If any of these items are brought into the facility, they will be stored and returned at the end of treatment.
ELECTRONICS: Only Non electric items like, alarm clock, Radios can be brought.
- 19 Oct 2017Hope and Beyond Getting Ready To Expand Treatment Activities in 2018 – 2022Belgium-based consultant Johan De Bruycker facilit...
- 19 Oct 2017Hope and Beyond to cerebrate 6th anniversary in November 2017 with an ‘Open day’In commemoration of her 5 years of service, HaB wi...
- 18 Nov 2016Hope and Beyond to cerebrate 5th anniversary in 2017Watch out for details....
- 23 Jun 2015Alcohol misuse, policy and treatment responses in Sub-Saharan Africa: The case of UgandaAlcohol has become an important feature in the liv...
- 09 Jun 2014Welcome to Our WebsiteWelcome to Hope and Beyond’s Blog !. We are an or...